Geek Brigade’s Jon Wright Interviewed about school district and laptop battery fires
Jon Wright was recently interviewed by Jessica Smith about Clark Pleasant’s laptop battery woes.
According to the Daily Journal, a Clark-Pleasant Intermediate school teacher heard a popping noise, turned around and saw a laptop was on fire.
No students were in the classroom, and the teacher grabbed a nearby sweatshirt and snuffed out the fire, Superintendent Patrick Spray said.
Tuesday’s fire was the second time this semester a Clark-Pleasant school laptop suddenly ignited. In August, a laptop at Clark Elementary School caught fire and started filling a classroom with smoke, which triggered the fire alarm and prompted an evacuation of the building.